East bound and down, loaded up and truckin’, We’re gonna do what they say can’t be done. We’ve got a long way to go and a short time to get there. I’m east bound, just watch ol’ “Bandit” run.
Voting is live for Episode 32! FINALLY Matthew can shut up already about that damn Conan the something-or-other movie. Vote for which classic “Swords and Muscles” film you want to hear us talk about, and turn into a tabletop gaming inspiration!
Episode 32 Movie Poll - Swords and Muscles! Which great muscly-dudes-with-bitchin-swords movie should we break down?
- Conan the Barbarian (1982) (63%, 12 Votes)
- The Scorpion King (2002) (26%, 5 Votes)
- Beastmaster (1982) (11%, 2 Votes)
- Deathstalker (1983) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 19
Voting is live for Episode 31! This time we’re giving a send-off to the late, great Burt Reynolds. Pick which movie you want to hear us talk about and then plan a game for!
Episode 31 Movie Poll - Burt Reynolds!
- Smokey and the Bandit (1977) (63%, 5 Votes)
- The Cannonball Run (1981) (38%, 3 Votes)
- Deliverance (1972) (0%, 0 Votes)
- Gator (1976) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 8
EPISODE 29: THE COSTNERING. Listen to us suffer along with Matthew as we bash on his “favorite” actor!
Alright alright alright alright alright! Best thing about Dazed and Confused is, I get older, and it keeps driving home that nostalgic charm every time. It’d be a lot cooler if you gave this episode a listen, alright? But you can’t keep the bowling ball, sorry.
Catching up after our break, we’re opening the polls to vote for the next TWO episodes. First up, we have a lightning round of voting for Episode 29, all about Matthew’s favorite actor, Kevin Costner! Get your votes in quickly, this one closes the night of Sep 2nd:
Episode 29 Movie Poll - Kevin: The Costnering! Vote for the best Costner film for our next show!
- Robin Hood Prince of Thieves (1991) (50%, 8 Votes)
- Waterworld (1995) (31%, 5 Votes)
- The Postman (1997) (13%, 2 Votes)
- 3000 Miles to Graceland (2001) (6%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 16
And then scroll on down to vote for episode 30: Classic Westerns! This one’s open for a bit longer, closing right before we next record on Sep 6th:
Episode 30 Movie Poll - Classic Westerns! Choose your favorite of these classic western films.
- The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (1966) (67%, 10 Votes)
- The Magnificent Seven (1960) (27%, 4 Votes)
- Silverado (1985) (7%, 1 Votes)
- Shane (1953) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 15
You voted for it and now we deliver our take on how to game the fun 1999 pulp adventure flick, The Mummy! Starring Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, and John Hannah.
We’re all gonna die man, we’re all gonna die! Game over… but really we’re only just beginning! This time we’re talking about the great 1986 sci-fi action horror extravaganza of quotes, Aliens!
VOTES ARE IN for Episode 27! The winner is The Mummy (1999) with a whopping 58 Percent of the Vote!
Our last poll was so fun that we’re definitely going to continue this process going forward!
You know the best thing about High School movies, man? I get older, and they still maintain the same nostalgic awesomeness. Voting for Episode 28’s movie is now live. This episode’s theme is “High School Hullabaloo” – pick your favorite high school romp from the following four flicks:
Episode 28 Movie Poll - High School Hullabaloo! What movie should we do?
- Dazed and Confused (1993) (47%, 15 Votes)
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) (41%, 13 Votes)
- Superbad (2007) (6%, 2 Votes)
- Napoleon Dynamite (2004) (6%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 32
Hello listeners! Since we have SO DAMN MANY movies that we want to showcase, going forward we want to get you all involved in helping us pick the next movies we do. We already decided upon Aliens as our next choice, so this vote will pick up after that with episode 27. For this first vote, our theme is “Pulpy Adventure” and we’ve picked four films that we love for that theme. Help us decide which one to do!
Episode 27 Movie Poll - Pulpy Adventure! What movie should we do after Aliens?
- The Mummy (1999) (58%, 14 Votes)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) (25%, 6 Votes)
- Romancing the Stone (1984) (17%, 4 Votes)
- Sahara (2005) (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 24