A thousand years ago, this land was green and good, until the Crystal cracked! This week we’re doing the great puppetry masterwork, Jim Henson’s The Dark Crystal. Does it hold up to the ravages of time? Listen and find out!
This was a really fun episode to record for all of us. Listen in for a deep dive into the background of this film, and stick around for a breakdown of gaming themes and ideas on how you can find inspiration for your home games!
Starting with our next episode, we’re going to be trying a new tweak to our format and release schedule. If you’ve been listening to us since the beginning, then you might have an idea what we’re going to try doing. We hope it works out and keeps the coming content fresh and awesome, so stick around and find out alongside us!
Highlights (We support podcast chapters!):
- 00:00:01 – Intro
- 00:00:51 – Movie Talk
- 00:42:44 – Sponsor Break
- 00:43:23 – Gaming Talk
- 01:39:46 – Outro
- The Dark Crystal (1982) on IMDB
- Crystal Method Vegas
- Illustrated Dark Crystal Book
- Jane Roberts and “Seth Speaks”
- Fizzgig animated gif
- Mechanical Dream
- Stone of Souls
- Hosts: Matthew Gray, Dusty Eppers, Nathanael Cole
- Intro Music: Syd Valentine’s Patent Leather Kids – “Rock And Gravel”
- Announcer: Isaac Sher
- Produced and Edited By: Nathanael Cole
- Chaotic Fucking Evil: The Chancellor